Palliative Care Physician at Pallium India, Trivandrum
Organization: Pallium India
Job Title: Palliative Care Physician
No. of Requirements: 2
Nature of Job: Contract – Full Time
Remuneration: Depends on Qualification & Experience
Essential Qualification: M.B.B.S from a recognized university with Travancore-Cochin Medical Council Registration
Desired Qualification: Trained in Palliative Care
Experience: Fresher /1-2 years
- As a Palliative Care Physician provide symptom management, pain relief and supportive care for the patient in inpatient care, outpatient clinic and home based care.
- Facilitate clarification of patient and family goals of care.
- Facilitate information sharing and decision making regarding patient care.
- In addition to providing expert symptom management, as a palliative care physician you need to devote time to intensive family meetings, ensure coordinated care across health care settings, link patients and family members to support groups and other services and improve access to information so patients can make confident, well-informed decisions about their care.
- Consult with fellow physicians and the interdisciplinary team in establishing a written plan of care at intervals specified in the plan.
- Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff, and the organization.
- Assist in the development of standards of care and practice.
- Participate first and organise academic sessions and training programs for skill development.
- Facilitate and participate awareness campaigns in the community.
- Collaborate with similar Palliative care organisations and oncology community to create awareness and advocate for palliative care in India and overseas.
- Undertake and guide research and projects in the field of Palliative care.
Interested candidates can send detailed and updated CV at email@example.com with subject – “Application for Palliative Care Physician” .
For more details, contact: Arathy V Nair, Human Resources: +91 9746745501
“I want to make a difference.”
For many young people, especially those who may be considering a career in the healthcare professions, that sentiment probably has a familiar ring to it.
Internships often can provide vital first-hand experience and insights that will help students decide upon their fields of study as well as their career path. For college students studying in fields such as medicine, medical social work, nursing, psychology, public health or any other field, an internship with Pallium India could provide you an eye-opening experience. To apply for an internship with us, please send in your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject as “Application for Internship”.