Pallium India announces the commencement of the third edition of Aarohan – Giving Voice to Lived Experiences.
The word Aarohan means “to rise”. This program aims to strengthen the voice of direct palliative care beneficiaries (i.e: individuals, and their caregivers, who are currently living with conditions that require palliative care or may require it in the future), to seek and receive quality palliative care for themselves and their communities.
(Registrations are now closed.)
Sessions Scheduled : 21 Sessions, one per week, on Saturdays (except public holidays and long weekends)
Start Date : 23 October 2021 (Saturday)
End Date: 9 April 2022 (Saturday)
Time: 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM IST
Where: ZOOM ONLINE
Contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Scroll down for more information and to register:
More About this training:
Trivandrum Institute of Palliative Sciences (TIPS) collaborates with ECHO International (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) to provide palliative care education and expertise using an online platform.
The word Aarohan means “to rise”. This program aims to strengthen the voice of direct palliative care beneficiaries (i.e: individuals, and their caregivers, who are currently living with conditions that require palliative care or may require it in the future), and strengthen their voices to seek and receive quality palliative care for themselves and their communities. Through this program, participants, all of whom have lived experience of illness, disability or caregiving, understand the concepts of palliative care, recognize available resources, learn to make ethical choices and seek appropriate and equitable care for themselves and their communities.
Direct palliative care beneficiaries (i.e: individuals, and their caregivers, who are currently living with conditions that require palliative care or may require it in the future.)
Start Date: 23rd October 2021
No of Sessions: 21
Days of the week: Saturdays (except public holidays and long weekends)
Class Timing: 11:00 AM to 12:30 PM IST
To ensure adequate interaction during sessions, we will have to limit the number of participants at each course on a first-come, first-serve basis. So register quickly!
- Participants must be patients or caregivers of patients living with a life-limiting or life-threatening condition
- Participants must be able to comfortably communicate in and understand English as all sessions will be conducted in English. (We hope to conduct similar sessions in regional languages in the future).
- Participants must be able to commit to attending 80% of the total sessions
- Participants will be finalized through a preliminary screening exercise.
- Participant screening will begin from 13 September onwards.
- The final participant list will be announced on 20th October.
- There will be an introductory session on the 22nd October- 11.30 am-12.30 pm .
Course Fees: This is a free course however we require a time commitment upto 2 hours a week.
REGISTRATIONS TO AAROHAN-III CLOSED
In case of queries, write to: email@example.com
Features of Online Course in Palliative Care:
- Prescribed syllabus-oriented course
- Interaction with expert faculty
- 1 session per week
- Pre-test and post-test for assessment
- Supported with relevant learning materials
- Participants who successfully clear the program will be awarded participation certificates.
- Phase 1: Understanding Palliative Care ( 4 sessions)
- Phase 2: Tools for advocacy (4 sessions)
- Phase 3: Mobilization (3 sessions)
- Phase 4: Advocacy Channels ( 5 sessions)
- Phase 5: A deeper understanding ( 3 sessions)
- Participants presentations
- Case studies
How to join the session:
ECHO is conducted through ZOOM application which can be downloaded (free download) from Google play store/App Store for mobile phones and direct download from internet for Windows. Download from: https://zoom.us/download
For any assistance, please contact:
For more information on this course or for any assistance, please write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Programme Facilitator: Shriya
Programme Coordinator: Ashwin