Sign the petition to request support from the government of Uttarakhand to develop a palliative care policy for the state.
Palliative care enthusiasts in Uttarakhand have come together to form a network called Uttarakhand Palliative Care Network (UPCN) to accelerate the palliative care movement in the state.
The UPCN has been formed with the following goals and objectives:
- To raise awareness and sensitization regarding palliative care in Uttarakhand.
- To support each other in the endeavor to improve the palliative care access and recognition.
- To train healthcare professionals, medical and nursing students in the provisions of palliative care in Uttarakhand.
- To provide a common forum to discuss, review and introspect the achievements and failures pertaining to the cause i.e. “Palliative Care to one and all in Uttarakhand”
- A strong and united network of experts, professionals, supporters and activists making the hue and cry of the masses heard to the concerned authorities.
- To motivate and support the government to come out with the state palliative care policy for Uttarakhand.
- To ensure the implementation of the above.
- To ensure availability of essential medicines like morphine to all those in need by the uniform implementation of the modified NDPS act i.e. the NDPS act of 2014.
Please sign the petition:
Pallium India collaborates with a pioneering palliative care institution in Uttarakhand headed by Dr Mayank Gupta, to further palliative care in the state. This project is supported by Tata Trust.