The NDPS rules of 2015 insist on training in pain management as basic requirement for storing & dispensing “Essential Narcotic Drugs” (ENDs) by Recognised Medical Institutions (RMIs). The rules do not specify the nature of the training. It is expected that a certificate of this training by our WHO Collaborating Centre will be enough for RMI certificate.
Pallium India is delighted to offer a web-based short time (11 hours) course, in collaboration with National Cancer Grid (NCG) to Oncologists, on effective pain management.
This program will provide you with an opportunity to learn essential pain management strategies and will enhance your skills for dealing with difficult situations through effective communication. The course consists of didactic presentations, video-presentations, case based learning and active discussion rounds.
To enable oncologists in practical management of pain & related communication.
Oncologists (Medical, Pediatric, Radiation, Clinical, Surgical)
Features of Pain Management Program
- Prescribed syllabus-oriented courses
- Pre-test and post-test for assessment
- Various learning materials will be provided
- Several articles regarding the subject will be shared
- End-Point assessment or Evaluation
- Certificate issuance at the end based on Attendance (minimum 80% required) and End-Point Assessment (needs to score minimum 70% of the total marks)
11-hour program involves sessions on
- Introduction to pain mechanism & management
- Proper assessment of pain and types of pain
- Introduction to communication in the context of Pain
- Introduction to WHO ladder & non-opioids
- Adjuvant analgesics
- Opioids (Tramadol, Morphine, Fentanyl, Methadone)
- RMI status – best practices
- Opioids: Case-based learnings
We will conduct online sessions using ECHO-Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes – platform. The program will run over a 2-month period, wherein participants will be familiarized with various aspects of pain management
- Platform: Zoom (Virtual)
- Language: English
- Course Fee: ₹ 2000/- per applicant
- No. of Participants: 100
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org / +91 90726 20041