Trivandrum Institute of Palliative Sciences (TIPS) collaborates with ECHO International (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) to provide palliative care education and expertise using an online platform. As part of TIPS-ECHO, we conduct sessions to enable healthcare professionals to inculcate the principles of palliative care in their practice.
A palliative care course aimed at familiarising healthcare providers with the psychosocial aspects of providing care in palliative care settings.
Any recognized undergraduate degree/ diploma with interest to work in the healthcare sector.
No of Sessions: 30
Class Timing: 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM
To ensure adequate interaction during sessions, we will have to limit the number of participants at each course on a first-come, first-serve basis. So register quickly!
Participants need to attend all sessions. If one is unable to attend a session, due to an unexpected emergency, they should watch the session videos provided and mail us back a summary of the class. Course certificates will be issued only to those who have attended minimum 80% of the sessions in person.
₹1000. Payment is to be made after completing the registration (registration link is given below).
Register here: https://forms.gle/BAE6a5t4Xqmk7QwLA (Please fill this form for registration. Please Keep an image (jpeg/pdf) of your passport size photo handy for upload as well.)
After you complete the registration, please pay the fees online:
In case of queries, write to: email@example.com
Features of Online Foundation Course in Palliative Care:
- Prescribed syllabus-oriented courses
- 1 session per week
- Pre-test and post-test for assessment
- Case Presentation by a participant in each session
- Regular assignments
- Various learning materials will be provided
- Several articles regarding the subject will be shared
- Certificate issuance at the end.
- General overview of Palliative Care (8 sessions)
- Palliative Care in a Humanitarian Crisis (3 sessions)
- Mental Health in Palliative Care ( 5 sessions)
- Social Determinants and Impact of Serious Health-related Suffering (3 sessions)
- Marginalized Communities ( 6 sessions)
- Essential Elements of Living and Dying (5 sessions)
How to join the session:
ECHO is conducted through ZOOM application which can be downloaded (free download) from Google play store/App Store for mobile phones and direct download from internet for Windows. Download from: https://zoom.us/download
For any assistance, please contact:
For more information on this course or for any assistance, please call us at +91 90721 01146 or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Director: Dr. M. R. Rajagopal
Project Facilitator: Smriti Rana
Project Coordinators: Arun Santh and Manisha Mary