A Comprehensive Online Course for Healthcare Professionals
Trivandrum Institute of Palliative Sciences (TIPS), Pallium India, offers a hybrid course covering various aspects of palliative care, to Doctors. It covers the holistic nature of palliative care, pain, communication, symptom management, ethics, end-of-life care and dementia.
Start Date: 14 August 2023 (Monday)
End Date: 12 October 2023 (Thursday)
Time (live sessions) : 06:00 PM- 7:30PM (IST)
Scroll down for more information about the course.
More About this training:
Pallium India is delighted to offer a hybrid course covering various aspects of palliative care to Doctors. It covers the holistic nature of palliative care, pain, communication, symptom management, ethics, end-of-life care and dementia.
- Enable the physician to practice palliative care in the real sense
- Enable to communicate with patients and families empathically and handle the challenging communication properly
- Enable to provide proper symptom control through ethical and scientific approach
M.B.B.S or B.D.S with permanent registration with medical / dental council.
(In accordance with the rules of the Dental Council of India (DCI), the holder of a BDS degree should be eligible to practise palliative care in conditions associated with the oral and maxillofacial area. Under the NDPS rules of 2015, BDS with training in pain management is adequate qualification to be in-charge of a Recognised Medical Institution (RMI) to stock and dispense Essential Narcotic Drugs (END) including morphine, methadone and fentanyl).
- Self-Directed learning
- 33 self-learning modules which could be completed at one’s own convenience in a particular time period (Each module requires an average 1:30-2 hours for completion)
- One module on Introduction to Palliative Care, 14 modules on Pain management, 5 modules on Symptom management, 6 modules on Communication skills and 7 modules on Dementia
- After completion of each module, you will be required to pass a simple test. An 80% score is needed to pass
- If you do not get 80% in the first attempt, you can repeat the test
- On completion of one module you will be redirected to the next one
- Case Based Learning Discussions
- 9 interactive live sessions with patient story
- Participants need to attend minimum 80% of the sessions
The duration of the course is 2 months.
₹9,500. (22% discount for first 25 registrations.)
Payment is to be made after completing the registration (registration link is given below).
After the successful completion of 33 modules and the 9 interactive sessions you will receive the certificate, two weeks after the course.
How to Apply
(Please fill this form for registration. Please keep an image (jpeg/pdf) of your Medical Council Registration and a passport size photo handy for upload as well.)
To ensure adequate interaction during sessions, we will have to limit the number of participants at each course on a first-come, first-serve basis. So register quickly!
After you complete the registration, please pay the fees online:
For any assistance, please contact:
For more information on this course or for any assistance, please call Sree Priya S at +91 90726 20041 or write to us: email@example.com
Clinical Director: Dr. M. R. Rajagopal
Project Facilitator: Dr. Sunilkumar M. M.
Project Coordinator: Ms. Rajalekshmi Balu