Pallium India conducts free trainings in palliative care for people interested to become palliative care volunteers. The Volunteer Training Program (VTP) enables participants to understand the basic principles of palliative care including psychosocial care, effective communication, mobilising the community, etc.
Please note: This training is in English
No of Sessions: 5
Days: Monday to Friday
Start Date: 10 July 2023 (Monday)
End Date: 14 July 2023 (Friday)
Session timing: 5:00 PM- 6:30 PM (IST)
More About this training:
Trivandrum Institute of Palliative Sciences (TIPS), Pallium India offers training programs for people interested to become palliative care volunteers. These are organized as classroom trainings whenever possible, or online programs. The online programs are powered by Project ECHO.
Who can be a part of this program?
- Members from residents associations, welfare groups, pensioners, senior citizens’ clubs, rotary clubs etc.
- School and college students
- General public
- Understanding palliative care and essential principles of palliative care
- Need for home-based care and different components of it
- Importance of Psychosocial care and about compassionate community care
- Effective empathetic communication with patient and family
- Differentiate between good and poor communication and steps for effective communication
- Different ways by which we can initiate community support
- Role of community volunteers
The online Volunteer Training Program is conducted from Monday to Friday (5 sessions). The duration of each session is 1.5 hours.
In case of queries, please contact
Ms Sree Priya S
Ph: +91 90726 20041