Trivandrum Institute of Palliative Sciences (TIPS), Pallium India (WHO Collaborating Centre for Training and Policy on Access to Pain Relief) offers a virtual refresher course for doctors who are trained in palliative medicine, to improve their knowledge and skills. This training is powered by Project ECHO.
Sessions Scheduled: 18 Sessions
Day of the Session: Saturdays
Start Date: 11 June, 2022 (Saturday)
End Date: 22 October, 2022 (Saturday)
Session Timing: 7:00 PM- 8:30 PM (IST)
Course Fee: ₹ 4000 per applicant
No. of Participants: 100
More About this training:
This training is offered by Trivandrum Institute of Palliative Sciences (TIPS), Pallium India (WHO Collaborating Centre for Training and Policy on Access to Pain Relief)
Palliative medicine prevents and relieves serious health-related suffering of patients and families through early identification, assessment and treatment of pain and other problems, whether physical, psychosocial or spiritual.
The Lancet Commission on Access to Pain Relief and Palliative Care estimates that worldwide, 61 million people are in unrelieved pain and suffering; 78% of them live in low-and middle-income countries. Globally, only about 14% of people who need palliative care receive it now. Clearly, we have a lot more to do.
Pallium India offers a virtual refresher course for doctors who are trained in palliative medicine to improve their knowledge and skills.
This 27 hour (18 sessions, 1.5 hours session each) advanced learning in palliative care will include didactic presentations of experts from India and USA, video presentations, case based learning and active discussion rounds.
This program will cover the following areas:
- Recent guidelines and developments in palliative care.
- Comprehensive assessment of pain and other symptoms and management strategies.
- Safe and effective titration of opioids including methadone for optimal pain relief.
- Effective communication with patient and family, particularly in difficult situations.
- Delivery of palliative care in different clinical conditions – neurological, cardiac, respiratory and renal diseases.
- Psycho-social support to a child and family.
- Grief, bereavement and their management.
- The dying process and end of life care.
- Current status of withholding/withdrawing artificial life support.
To update knowledge and improve competence of doctors providing palliative care.
MBBS/BDS and has attended a structured course in palliative care
- Pre-test and post-test for assessment
- Each session includes didactic session and case presentation by participants
- Several articles regarding the subject and other learning material will be shared
- End-Point assessment or evaluation
- Certificate issued at conclusion of the course based on attendance (minimum 80% required)
Online sessions are conducted using ECHO (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) on Zoom platform.
- Sessions Scheduled: 18 Sessions
- Language: English
- Course Fee: ₹ 4000 per applicant
- No. of Participants: 100
After you complete the registration, please pay the fees online:
Know more about Pallium India’s trainings:
For more information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org