Sessions Scheduled : 20 Sessions, one per week, on Saturdays
Start Date : 28 November 2020 (Saturday)
End Date: 1 May 2021 (Saturday)
Where: ZOOM ONLINE
Contact us: email@example.com
Scroll down for more information
More About this training:
Trivandrum Institute of Palliative Sciences (TIPS) collaborates with ECHO International (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes) to provide palliative care education and expertise using an online platform.
The word Aarohan means “to rise”. This program aims to strengthen the voice of direct palliative care beneficiaries (i.e: individuals, and their caregivers, who are currently living with conditions that require palliative care or may require it in the future), and strengthen their voices to seek and receive quality palliative care for themselves and their communities. Through this program, participants, all of whom have lived experience of illness, disability or caregiving, understand the concepts of palliative care, recognize available resources, learn to make ethical choices and seek appropriate and equitable care for themselves and their communities.
Direct palliative care beneficiaries (i.e: individuals, and their caregivers, who are currently living with conditions that require palliative care or may require it in the future.)
Start Date: 28th November 2020
No of Sessions: 20
Days of the week: Saturdays (except public holidays and long weekends)
Class Timing: 3:00 PM to 4:30 PM IST
To ensure adequate interaction during sessions, we will have to limit the number of participants at each course on a first-come, first-serve basis. So register quickly!
- Participants must be patients or caregivers of patients living with a life-limiting or life-threatening condition
- Participants must be able to comfortably communicate in and understand English as all sessions will be conducted in English. (We hope to conduct similar sessions in regional languages in the future).
- Participants must be able to commit to attending 80% of the total sessions
- Participants will be finalized through a preliminary screening exercise.
- Participant screening will begin from 22nd October.
- Final participant list will be announced on 21st November.
Course Fees: This is a free course however we require a time commitment upto 2 hours a week.
Register here: https://forms.gle/RXMK3XCBSAFfGzkW8 (Please fill this form for registration. Please keep your photograph (jpeg) handy for upload as well.)
Last date to register: Registrations Closed
In case of queries, write to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Features of Online Foundation Course in Palliative Care:
- Prescribed syllabus-oriented course
- Interaction with expert faculty
- 1 session per week
- Pre-test and post-test for assessment
- Supported with relevant learning materials
- Participants who successfully clear the program will be awarded participation certificates.
- Phase 1: Understanding Palliative Care ( 4 sessions)
- Phase 2: Tools for advocacy (4 sessions)
- Phase 3: Advocacy Channels ( 5 sessions)
- Phase 4: Mobilization (3 sessions)
- Phase 5: A deeper understanding ( 3 sessions)
- Case studies
How to join the session:
ECHO is conducted through ZOOM application which can be downloaded (free download) from Google play store/App Store for mobile phones and direct download from internet for Windows. Download from: https://zoom.us/download
For any assistance, please contact:
For more information on this course or for any assistance, please call us at +91-9980744419 or write to us: email@example.com
Programme Director: Smriti Rana
Programme Coordinators: Rajalekshmi Balu and Shriya