Job Title: Community Physiotherapist – Part Time
Location: Palode, Thiruvananthapuram
Experience: Minimum 1 year
Duties & Responsibilities
- Assess the patient on admission and decide the course of treatment in discussion with the physiatrist.
- Prepare an individualized schedule for each patient (Home care, IP, and Halfway Home) to be attached to the patient’s medical records and updated as per progress.
- Actively participate in multi-disciplinary meetings.
- Accompany the physiatry team for home visits.
- Assess patients’ homes for improvements and modifications like ramps, bathrooms, beds, mattresses, room access, etc.
- Train the patient and their caregiver for functional independence.
- Teach the patient and their family about the importance of skincare and ways to prevent pressure sores.
- Prepare pictorial information guides on physiotherapy exercises for patients on discharge.
- Provide an exercise chart to every patient on discharge.
- Regular follow-up on patients after discharge along with the social worker.
- Ensure optimum usage of assistive devices- wheelchairs, callipers etc.
- Contribute to service delivery improvements for the project.
- Willing to visit the community in their own vehicle to reach the unapproachable needy patients for rehabilitation.
- Manage a clinical caseload of palliative patients in the community as well as IP/OP units.
- Lead and develop empowering patient-focused therapeutic groups.
- Contribute to the development of expert patient and caregiver model being developed to support the needs of its community.
- Demonstrate skills in conflict resolution and competent negotiation skills when dealing with difficult situations such as managing patient and professional unmet expectations.
How to apply:
Interested candidates please send your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of queries, write to: email@example.com