Pallium India invites applications to the post of Medical Social Worker at Trivandrum.
Job Title: Medical Social Worker
Job Location: Thiruvananthapuram – Head Office, Pallium India
Experience: Fresher / 1-2 years
Qualification: Masters in Social Work (Full-Time) from a recognized university with specialization in Medical & Psychiatry
Roles & Responsibilities
- Evaluate and devise plans of care for patients and families requiring palliative care, with particular attention to psycho-social and socio-economic issues.
- Be part of the inter-disciplinary palliative care team and contribute to the plan of care for patients and their families vis-à-vis:
- Thorough and competent assessment of patient + family history
- Current status, needs and concern
- Formulating plan of care in conjunction with the rest of the interdisciplinary team
- Coordination with relevant government/ non-government social support agencies and facilitating access to their services
- Providing bereavement support to families.
- Audit palliative patient care with the intent to identify problems, formulate possible solutions and bring these to the attention of the administration.
- Take part in on-going research activities or initiate needs-based research programs with the approval of scientific committee.
- Liaison with the appropriate government departments to access government pensions, subsidies and various schemes of assistance.
- Publish reports/data from audits or research programs with the objective of improved patient care
- Send regular updates to the reporting authority and other superior officials.
- Attend (first) and organize (later) educational programs on behalf of Pallium India.
- Maintain good relations with clients, donors, well-wishers and staff during telephone conversations, email contacts, personal contacts or any other.
- Any other roles and responsibilities assigned by the reporting authority.
How to apply:
Interested candidates please send your detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information, please write to: email@example.com