Pallium India invites applications to the post of Regional Coordinator – South India.
Job Location: Trivandrum, Kerala.
Qualification: MBA / MSW / MPH
Experience: 5 to 7 years’ experience in coordination in health care sector.
Working in an NGO Environment with a regional set-up preferred.
Exposure to palliative care & services is an advantage.
Reports to: Department Head
Remuneration: As per standards
Travelling: Domestic, 50%
- Excellent coordination and analytical skill
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Administratively self-supporting
- Planning & leadership skills
- Ability to work flexibly (with tact and diplomacy)
- Excellent written and oral English language skills
- Excellent skills in MS Office/ERP
- Work for integration of palliative care in the health system and medical and nursing education at regional level.
- Facilitate training programs for doctors, nurses and allied staff; organize workshops and sensitization sessions on palliative care and opioids availability for relevant stakeholders.
- Work with public and private medical institutions to set up palliative care programs including in-patient care, out-patient care and home-care.
- Understand the unique strengths and challenges of the territories under their purview and work with State Facilitation team to initiate and implement palliative care projects with a focus on community engagement and mobilization.
- Develop a regional action plan for palliative care advancement; submit to Head – State Facilitation and thereafter implement the approved action plan.
- Liaison with NHM – NCD, government and private hospital officials.
- Undertake any other relevant tasks for the advancement of palliative care at the national and state levels.
- Establish connections with local journalists, media personnel, public health advocates and health activists and explore ways to advance palliative care
- Explore new opportunities to improve community participation in palliative care with local religious and charitable organizations, student’s initiatives, retired professionals and self-help groups.
- Organize/facilitate training programs, workshops and sensitization sessions on palliative care service delivery and opioid availability for relevant stakeholders
- Advocate to bring about necessary, balanced and rational changes in law and policies for the advancement of palliative care.
- Document, write reports, concept notes and proposals and undertake research to contribute to Pallium India’s learning process and fund raising.
How to apply:
Send your detailed CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org
In case of queries, write to: email@example.com