Job Title: Research Officer (RO)
Division of Research at Pallium India aims to develop and implement needs-based, epidemiological research projects that will ultimately alleviate serious health related sufferings (SHS) among terminally ill patients.
Our current priority areas of research are; 1) pain and other physical symptom management, 2) complex wounds and wound healing related researches, 3) palliative care integrated health-care or community-based care models, and 4) tools and technologies in palliative care. Our research team is mentored by ‘Research Committee’ (a group of global medical researchers), including faculties from Queens University, Canada and University of IOWA, United States.
Division of Research is immediately seeking application (for full-time employment) from competent, enthusiastic, academic/research career-oriented individuals for the position of ‘Research Officer’ (RO). There are two vacancies. RO shall be a team player implementing few ongoing research projects. He/She shall also initiate development of new research projects.
Individuals with a formal training in ‘epidemiology’, ‘public health’ or ‘research methods’ will be preferred. We may also consider freshers (from a medical or allied health background) who are interested to pursue a PhD or MPhil in Palliative care related topics (however Pallium India will not directly support/offer registration to any PhD programs).
No. of Vacancies: 2
Job Location: Head Office, Pallium India, Aisha Memorial Hospital Building, Paruthikuzhy, Manacaud P.O, Thiruvananthapuram – 695009
Reporting to: Head, Division of Research
Nature of Job: Permanent
- Candidate should demonstrate capability in writing proposals and/or reports
- He/She shall be able to plan and develop research projects including grant writing
- Negotiate and/or coordinate with global medical research faculties, stakeholders in different agencies (Govt. sectors), and with donors and/or funding agencies (national and/or global)
- Coordinate and implement field activities
- Collect data, conduct interviews and visit patients at home/institutions (field work)
- Execute standard operating procedures of R&D
- Perform statistical analysis (STATA preferred)
- Prepare technical reports and manuscripts
- Represent Pallium India in scientific forums / academic platforms
- He/She shall be responsible to coordinate ‘Institutional Ethics Committee (IEC)’ activities
- Graduation in any medical or allied health discipline (e.g., MBBS/BDS/ BAMS/BUMS/ BHMS /BPT/Nursing/Pharmacy)
- Masters in a medical or allied health discipline with exposure to public health/ social work (e.g., MD/ MPH / MPT / MSW or Other related post-graduate qualification)
- Prefer a MPhil or PhD or a PhD aspirant (not mandatory)
- Prefer a minimum of 2 years of work experience (not mandatory)
- Prefer field work related experiences
Remuneration: ₹30,000 – ₹40,000 per month (Negotiable)
How to apply:
Please email your CV and a one page ‘motivation letter’ (1000 words) to email@example.com. The letter of motivation should be written by yourself and reflect ‘why you should be considered as the right candidate in research’. Your CV should contain manuscripts / publications or reports generated.
For more details
Write to: firstname.lastname@example.org