Apply Now for 1-year Post Doctoral Fellowship in Pain and Palliative Medicine
(Affiliated to Kaloji Narayana Rao University of Health Science, Warangal)
MNJ Regional Cancer Centre and Institute of Oncology (MNJ) invites application for the 1-year Post Doctoral Fellowship in Pain and Palliative Medicine
Post Graduate Degree (MD/MS/ DNB in clinical Speciality) or PG Diploma in the concerned specialty.
No of Seats: 02
Course Duration: One year
Commence of Course: 25 November 2019
Last Date of Application: 18 November 2019
Goals of the Program
Palliative Medicine is one of the youngest branches of modern medicine. In India. The MCI recognised and started MD in Palliative medicine in the year 2011.
The rising awareness and demand has led to rapid growth in the number of patients receiving palliative care in India. Although the number of palliative care programs has grown dramatically over the past decade, the specialist workforce needed to provide appropriate palliative care, mentor and teach the next generation of physicians in the core principles of palliative medicine, and develop the knowledge base required to provide the best quality care for patients and their families is inadequate.
The goal of Fellowship in Pain and Palliative Medicine is develop a cadre of competent subspecialist in Palliative Medicine who is capable of assuming a consultant’s role in the subspecialty.
During the course of training, the candidate is expected to acquire
• The medical knowledge, clinical skills, and professional attitudes needed to provide care to patients with chronic or life-threatening illness and patients’ families
• Understanding of the basic physiological principles and to expertly assess and manage the complex pain and other symptom issues associated with chronic and life threatening illness.
• The ability to function as a consultant in the inpatient, outpatient, home care, hospice and community settings, as part of an interprofessional team.
• Expertise in communication related to discussing diagnosis, prognosis, advanced care planning and end of life decision making.
• Expertise dealing with complex psychosocial and spiritual and mental health issues faced by the patient living with life limiting conditions and their families.
• The requisite knowledge, skills, and behaviours for effective patient-centred care and service to a diverse population to address moral and ethical issues, and issues of gender, sexual orientation, age, culture, beliefs, and ethnicity in a professional manner.
How to Apply:
Please send the following documents to email@example.com
1. Covering Letter addressed to The Director, MNJIO&RCC, Hyderabad.
3. Self attested Graduation and Post Graduation certificates.
MNJ Academic section
Phone: 040 23397000