WHPCA – Pallium India Collaboration: Project Aarohan (online)
With generous support from the Worldwide Hospice and Palliative Care Alliance (WHPCA) and ECHO International (Extension for Community Healthcare Outcomes), Pallium India is pleased to launch a new project called “Aarohan”.
Through Aarohan, we aim to strengthen the voice of direct palliative care beneficiaries (i.e: people and caregivers who are currently living with conditions that require palliative care now or may require it in the future), and improve their impact as advocates to improve access to quality palliative care in their communities.
The sessions will be conducted online using the ECHO virtual platform over a 5-month period, wherein participants will be familiarized with various aspects of advocacy, related strategies and tools.
- A few guidelines for selection of the beneficiaries:
- Beneficiaries may be patients or caregivers of patients, from any family living with a life-limiting or life-threatening condition
- Beneficiaries will need to have a command on English language as sessions will be conducted in English. (We hope to conduct similar sessions in regional languages in the future)
- Beneficiaries will need to attend all sessions
- Once beneficiary recommendations are made by you, a preliminary screening will be conducted before they can be finalized as participants.
Classes Scheduled: 16 Sessions
Start Date: 22 June 2019
End Date : 05 October 2019
Day of the week: Saturdays
Class Timing: 3:00 PM – 4:30 PM (IST)
To ensure adequate interaction during sessions, we will have to limit the number of participants at each course on a first-come, first-served basis. So register quickly!
Participants need to attend all sessions. If one is unable to attend a session, due to unexpected emergency, they should watch the session videos provided and mail us back a summary of the class. Course certificate can be issued only to those who have attended minimum 80% of the sessions in person.
Features of online course for palliative care beneficiaries
- Prescribed syllabus-oriented course
- 1 session per week
- Pre-test and post-test for assessment
- Regular assignments
- Case Presentation in some of the sessions
- Provided with various learning materials concerning the session
- Several articles regarding subject shared
- Certificate issuance at the end.
How to apply
How to join the session
ECHO is conducted through ZOOM application which can be downloaded(free download) from Google play store for mobile phones and direct download from internet for Windows.
Download from: https://zoom.us/download
For more information on this course or for any assistance, please call us at +91-6282902450 or write to us: firstname.lastname@example.org
Clinical Director: Dr M. R. Rajagopal
Project Facilitator: Ms Ashla Rani
Project Coordinator: Ms Rajalekshmi Balu