50/50: A Must See Film
You cannot afford to miss the feature film “50/50” directed by Jonathan Levine.
Inspired by a true story, the film shows you a 27 year old man given a 50% chance of cure – a story of cancer, its treatment and human relationships:
- The insensitive, jargon-filled disclosure of the diagnosis;
- the patient’s predictable reactions (predictable to everyone except the doctor);
- the artificial touch by the psychologist who is trying hard to keep therapeutic distance (she also has the agenda of including this case history in her dissertation! So familiar!);
- the camaraderie among patients, and…
- the broken relationships and evolution of new meaningful bonds.
This film is a must-see for everyone in medical and related professions. Our friends at SevenPonds Blog have a well-written review that you might also want to read:
The director tries hard to keep us happy in the end. The disease gets cured, the cancer survivor and the psychologist get united, and presumably, are supposed to live happily ever after.