About Pallium India-USA
Who we are
We are an all-volunteer organization that advocates for culturally sensitive care in the Asian Indian community. We train volunteers and provide information, resources and education about available services.
We also support Pallium India’s (est. 2003) crucial work fighting for pain care for the suffering millions in India when afflicted with diseases like cancer. Pallium India was founded by Dr M.R. Rajagopal, its chairman, who is spearheading this field of medicine in India, and has received world recognition for his pioneering work.
A pain-free life with Dignity and Compassionate Care for the community living with aging issues, or serious/advanced illnesses, whether in the USA or India.
Be a Volunteer, Donate, Spread the Word!
We are seeking volunteers to grow our organization in the US. If any of the following applies to you, you might be a good fit for our organization:
- Speak any Indian language
- Are culturally sensitive and have a desire to be of service to the Asian Indian community
- Have aging or seriously ill family members in US or India
- Have an interest in providing support such as reading and companionship to ill or aging Indians in your area
- Care about the situation in India when it comes to pain care
If this sounds like you, get in touch using the contact form here…
There is a growing need for culturally sensitive care of Asian Indians living the United States. As our community ages, we need access to hospice and other services related to care of the aging. Yet, the cultural barriers are often very high. Pallium India-USA bridges this gap with caring, appropriate services and resources to ensure the best outcome for the entire family. At the same time, we raise funds to build palliative care units and training centers across India.
What is Palliative Care?
It is medical and comfort care of the seriously ill to alleviate pain and suffering. When cure is possible, it supports the patient receiving that curative treatment. When cure is not an option, the emphasis shifts to pain relief, physical, psychosocial and spiritual support to the patient and family. It is provided by a team of doctors, nurses and social workers and volunteers.
- Provide community-sensitive referral services
- Provide Hospice volunteers for:
- Support for the patients and the family
- Respite care: relief help for the care taker
- Assist community in filling out Advance Health Care Directives, a document that states your healthcare wishes when you cannot speak for yourself.
- Raise awareness of the seriousness of the problem of pain relief for diseases like cancer in India which is currently an ignored issue
- Raise awareness of need for palliative care departments as 80% of cancers are diagnosed too late for any curative treatment
- Raise funds to build palliative care clinics and training centers in cancer and general hospitals across India
- Connect US donors so that they can fund projects in their home states and elsewhere in India
- Monthly core group meetings
- Hospice volunteering
- Resource sharing/referrals
- Speaker Forums to provide information to community
- August 2014: Health fair on Healthy Aging and End-of-life care issues in Milpitas, CA.
- June 2014: Sevathon 2014: June 22 – Register Now
- February 2014: Pallium India-USA Volunteers Complete Stanford Mini-Fellowship
- February 2014: Pallium India- USA kickoff event
- October 2013: Dr M.R. Rajagopal Inspires Packed Crowd
- October 2013: Seminar for Seniors on Advance Healthcare Directives, at ICC Cupertino on 7th.
- May 2013: Sevathon 2013: July 14 – Register Now!
- July 2012: Sevathon 2012: July 15 – Register now!
- May 2012: Pallium India-USA at Sevathon 2012
- May 2012: National Healthcare Decisions Day event draws crowd
- April 2012: National Healthcare Decisions Day Marked
- February 2012: A Meaningful Game
- January 2012: Special Pallium Event in Silicon Valley
- July 2011: Pallium India-USA Wins an Award!
- July 2011: Sevathon 2011 a Winner
- June 2011: Pallium India-USA at Sevathon 2011
- June 2011: Pallium India-USA Retreat with Indians for Collective Action
- May 2011: Pallium India-USA at TiEcon 2011
- November 2010: JCNC Health & Wellness Fair
- September 2010: Pallium India-USA Launched in Silicon Valley!
- July 2010: Pallium India-USA at Sevathon 2010
Other Pallium India-USA events:
- April 2012: National Healthcare Decisions Day, Milpitis, CA
- July 2011: Advance Health Care Training Course, San Jose, CA
- May 2011: Hospice Volunteering Orientation Course, San Jose, CA
- March/April 2011: Hospice Volunteering Course, San Jose, CA
- October 2010: Pallium India-USA Open House, San Jose, CA
- November 2010: IDCA India Development Coalition of America, Milpitas, CA
You can DONATE ONLINE or mail tax-deductible donations by check to:
Pallium India-USA, 14570 Horseshoe Drive, Saratoga, CA 95070, USA
- Please make out check to ICA with Pallium India-USA in the memo line
- Pallium India–USA operates as a 501(c)(3) through Indians for Collective Action (ICA) – EIN 23-7027461.
- All donations are tax-deductible. Receipts will be mailed to you.