Awards and Honors
- The Chairman of Pallium India has been selected as one of the recipients of the prestigious Alison Des Forges Award for Extraordinary Activism in 2014 by Human Rights Watch (http://www.hrw.org/news/2014/
09/16/rights-activists-honored ) for Pallium India’s services in defending the citizens’ right to access to pain relief, particularly for Pallium India’s role in amendment of the Narcotic Drugs and Psychotropic Substances (NDPS) Act by the Parliament of India in 2014 and the creation of the National Program of Palliative Care (NPPC) by Government of India in 2012.
- K. C. Vamadevan award for Social Service, January 2014.
- Dr Palpu Memorial award for contribution to the Society, Dr Palpu Foundation, November 2012.
- Ranbaxy Public Health award for contribution to health care in India, Ranbaxy foundation, February 2012.
- Award for Excellence in Pain Management in Developing Countries: International Association for Study of Pain, Montreal, Canada. Oct 2009.
- Silver citizen award for service to the elderly, Silver Line Publications, Trivandrum, 19 April 2009.
- Marie Nyswander award for work on improving access to pain relief, International Association for Pain and Chemical Dependency, New York, 31 October 2008.
- “Care and Share” annual award for Social work. “Care and Share”, USA, February 2007.
- Citation of Indian Association of Palliative care, Annual International Conference of Indian Association of Palliative Care, February 2006.