The patient is the most important consideration. Commitment to Pallium India will be secondary to commitment to the patient and family.
- ‘Care’ is the right of the patient and family and we stand committed to giving it to them. ‘Care’ is not a charity that we give them. By giving us the opportunity to care for them, they are enriching our lives.
- Compassionate and competent care valuing human dignity is at the very heart of what we do and why we exist. We shall endeavour to do the right thing for the right reason as best as we can.
- We recognise the strength of the social capital and shall engage in a partnership with the community enlisting the support of volunteers and other community entities, creating the capacity to meet community needs.
- Each one of us shall treat everyone else with respect, remembering that every individual is superior to each one of us in some way.
- We shall embrace the ethical principles of autonomy, beneficence, non-maleficence and justice, exercising them to the best interest of those we care for.