Vacancy: Palliative Care Physician at Pallium India, Trivandrum
Job Title: Palliative Care Physician
No. of Requirements: 2 (Nos.)
Nature of Job: Permanent – Full Time
Place of Job: Pallium India Trust, Arumana Hospital Building, Eanchakkal-West Fort Road, Vallakadavu P.O., Trivandrum
Qualification: M.B.B.S (Full-Time) from a recognized university
As a Palliative Care Physician,
- Provide symptom management, pain relief and supportive care for the patient in inpatient care, outpatient clinic and home based care.
- Facilitate clarification of patient and family goals of care.
- Facilitate information sharing and decision making regarding patient care.
- In addition to providing expert symptom management, as a palliative care physician you need to devote time to intensive family meetings, ensure coordinated care across health care settings, link patients and family members to support groups and other services and improve access to information so patients can make confident, well-informed decisions about their care.
- Consult with fellow physicians and the interdisciplinary team in establishing a written plan of care at intervals specified in the plan.
- Adhere to the practice of confidentiality regarding patients, families, staff, and the organization.
- Assist in the development of standards of care and practice.
- Participate first and organise academic sessions and training programs for skill development.
- Facilitate and participate awareness campaigns in the community.
- Collaborate with similar Palliative care organisations and oncology community to create awareness and advocate for palliative care in India and overseas.
- Undertake and guide research and projects in the field of Palliative care.
- Any other duties assigned by the reporting authorities.
Interested candidates can send detailed and updated CV at email@example.com Please mention “Application for Palliative Care Physician” in the subject. For more details, Contact: +91 9746745501
For more vacancies, visit our Careers page.