“Top 5 regrets of the dying” a perennial favorite
The article is based on a blog by a palliative care nurse, Bronnie Ware, called Inspiration and Chai. Having nursed many patients through their last days, she was able to summarize the five most common regrets they experienced, which were as follows:
1. I wish I’d had the courage to live a life true to myself, not the life others expected of me.
2. I wish I hadn’t worked so hard.
3. I wish I’d had the courage to express my feelings.
4. I wish I had stayed in touch with my friends.
5. I wish that I had let myself be happier