Nominations for IAHPC Board of Directors
The International Association for Hospice & Palliative Care (IAHPC) is proud to announce a public call for nominations to 6 seats in the IAHPC Board of Directors.
IAHPC members are invited to nominate health professionals actively working in hospice and palliative care with demonstrated interest in the development of international palliative care initiatives and issues.
Criteria for nominees
Nominees may be located in any country, have academic backgrounds and must fulfill the following criteria:
- Have been active members of IAHPC for at least 3 (three) consecutive years at the time of nomination.
- Have demonstrated work and commitment in palliative/hospice care in his/her field.
- Currently holding or having held a position within a teaching hospital, university or palliative care organization.
- Have demonstrated willingness to participate and work in the board activities including working groups and task forces.
- Have demonstrated interest in international palliative and hospice care issues
- Be able to communicate effectively in English.
- Candidates must have access to the Internet and hold an active e-mail account.
Criteria for nominators
- Be an active member of IAHPC at the time of nomination
- Nominators may nominate one candidate only.
- Nominations have to be done by submitting a nomination form. To request a form contact Ms. Ana Restrepo at email@example.com
- Please submit a copy of a current CV of the nominee
- Deadline for nominations is
November 30, 2011December 15, 2011
We invite members to participate in this important process by nominating a candidate. Individuals who are not members and wish to also participate, may join through our website by clicking here.
After the nomination, candidates may be contacted by the governance committee for additional information.
The term of the new members will begin on January 1, 2012 and will end December 31, 2014. The new directors will be elected by a vote of the current Directors and will be announced in December 2011.
We look forward to your participation in this process and to the nomination of candidates.
Governance Committee, IAHPC Board of Directors